The Report and Support tool at Cranfield provides staff and students with a portal for individuals to see support and report issues of bullying, harassment and sexual misconduct. This data will be processed in accordance with our data protection policies and privacy notices that relate to both staff and students. Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to email@example.com. Reports may be made may be either:
- When reporting anonymously, we will not ask you for any personal identifiable details. We will not be able to offer direct advice or support or begin any kind of official complaints process.
- We will keep an anonymised record of the report to identify broad trends or patterns of behaviour which can be addressed.
- We discourage the provision in anonymous reports of names or other information that could be used to identify a third party However if such information is shared, we will use it in order to review and process the report.
- Any detail contained with the anonymous report will remain private and confidential and not shared outside of the team, unless there are serious concerns about an identifiable individual’s safety or welfare.
- If a named report is made, we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about the person making the report. This will include:
- Your name, contact details and other information about you such as your age;
- Special category’ personal data about you (this may include details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, information about any disabilities you have, etc.); and
- Detail regarding your experience of bullying, harassment and sexual misconduct, etc.
- We will also process names and other personal data about third parties who are involved in the issues reported.
Please note if you make a named report, Cranfield will usually only disclose information to to a very small number of staff who need to know the information. We will not generally take further action without your engagement unless we we become aware of a serious concerns for your welfare or safety, or another person is at risk.