If you’re worried about someone else's mental health and wellbeing, there are a number of things you can do. 
  1. Talk
  2. Report
  3. Get support

If you're worried about someone, you can check in with them and see how they are, and if they feel comfortable to talk through any concern. 

However, if you're not comfortable doing this, there are other forms of support available to you, such as reaching out to our Mental Health First Aiders for a confidential chat or the Student Wellbeing and Disability team or People and Culture Teams.

If you believe someone is in immediate danger or seriously injured, call 999 (or 112 from a mobile).  


You can make an anonymous or named disclosure through this Report and Support tool.

Get support 
  • Find out what support is available on the External contacts page.
  • Take care of yourself. It’s important that you take care of yourself. If you’ve heard something distressing or if something is troubling you, the University's Student Wellbeing and Disability Support and People and Culture teams offer confidential help to students and staff.
  • Find out more on the support available for your mental health and wellbeing:


There are two ways you can tell us what happened