What can you do?
Talk - If someone you know has been affected:
- Listen. Just taking the time to listen to someone and talk about what has happened can help. Try these 6 active listening tips to help you support them.
- Important to know:
- Give options. When they have finished talking, ask them if they are okay to talk through some possible options and next steps.
- You can encourage them to seek support.
- Alternatively you make an anonymous disclosure or named disclosure through Report and Support which will allow us to provide support as appropriate.
- Find out what support is available on the External contacts page.
- Take care of yourself. It’s important that you take care of yourself. If you’ve heard something distressing or if something is troubling you, the University's Student Wellbeing and Disability Support and People and Culture teams offer confidential help to students and staff.
- Find out more on the support available for your mental health and wellbeing: